General Guidelines for abstract submission
- Only online submission is accepted.
- Abstract must be original work conducted in Nepal. Abstracts of those works conducted outside the country will not be entertained. In case of review article (systematic and scoping review) the findings should be relevant to Nepal.
- Ethical approval letter from ERB of NHRC or IRCs approved by NHRC must be submitted along with the abstract.
- Abstract must be prepared according to the guidelines provided for the summit. Abstract will only be accepted if submitted online using the supplied template.
- Abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a confirmation email please contact the Summit Focal Point.
- Abstract must contain sufficient information so that it provides an overview of the whole presentation. Please note that full article or extended abstract or presentation copy may be asked for submission as per the decision of the scientific committee. Submission of an abstract acknowledges the author’s consent for publication of the abstract in the Summit Proceeding.
Note: If you are unable to submit online, please contact the Summit Focal Point at: email@example.com or +977-01-4254220 for further information.
Abstract Layout Guideline
- Abstract must not exceed 300 words limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, sub headings, authors and author address.
- Font type must be Arial Font size 12pt.
- 1.5 line spacing must be used.
- Images, tables or graphics are not to be included in the abstract body.
- Abstract must be free of typographical and grammatical errors
- The text should be typed unjustified, without hyphenating words at line breaks
- Hard returns (enter) should be used only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines
- Greek and other special characters may be included. If you are unable to reproduce a particular special character, please type out the name of the symbol in full
- SI units should be used throughout the abstract
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Otherwise, any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word.
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure all the information provided is correct.
- Request for modification in abstract will not be entertained after the selection.
Template for the Abstract
All abstracts should appear within the format of structure outlined below.
The title should be in bold, sentence case with no full stop at the end.
e.g.: Health-sector responses to address the impacts of climate change in Nepal
The name of the authors should be in the following format:
<First name Middle name Last name>
e.g.: Meghnath Dhimal1, David Groneberg2, Ulrich Kuch2
Affiliations should include institution, town and country. Where there are multiple affiliations, each should be listed as a separate paragraph. Each institute should appear in the order used against the author names and show the appropriate superscript number.
e.g.: 2Nepal Health Research Council, Kathmandu, Nepal
2Gothe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Structure of abstracts
Abstracts should be structured into following sections using the following headings typed in bold with no colon at the end, e.g.
- Key words
The research from which the abstract is prepared should have been ethically approved from the Ethical Review Board at the NHRC or one of the below listed Institutional Review Committees (IRCs) at different institutions. If you consider your abstract as the one that does not require ethical approval, you may submit it and the selection will be subjected to the evaluation of the abstract evaluation committee under the Scientific Committee of the Summit on part of the requirement of ethical approval.
|S.N||Name of Institutional||Address|
|1||Annapurna Neurological Institute & Allied Sciences||Maitighar, Kathmandu|
|2||B & B Hospital||Gwarkhu, Lalitpur|
|3||B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|4||Bharatpur Hospital||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|5||Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Biratnagar, Morang|
|6||Biratnagar Eye Hospital||Biratnagar, Morang|
|7||BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||Dharan, Sunsari|
|8||Central Institute of Science and Technology (CIST)||New baneshwor, Kathmandu|
|9||Chitwan Medical College||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|10||Civil Service Hospital||New baneshwor, Kathmandu|
|11||College of Medical Science and Teaching Hospital||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|12||Devdaha Medical College and Research Institute Pvt. Ltd.||Rupandehi|
|13||Gandaki Medical College and Teaching Hospital and Research Center||Kaski|
|14||Grande International Hospital||Tokha, Kathmandu|
|15||Institute of Medicine (IOM)||Maharajgunj kathmandu|
|16||Institute of Science and Technology (IST)||Kritipur, Kathmandu|
|17||Kanti Children Hospital||Maharajgunj kathmandu|
|18||Kantipur Dental College Teaching Hospital and Research Centre||Dhapasi, Ring Road|
|19||Karnali Academy of Health Science||Jumla|
|20||Kathmandu Medical College and Teaching Hospital (KMCTH)||Sinamangal Kathmandu|
|21||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUMS)||Dhulikhel, Kavre|
|22||KIST Medical Collge and Teaching Hospital||Gwarkhu, Lalitpur|
|23||Lumbini Medical College & Teaching Hospital LTD||Parvas, Palpa|
|24||Manipal Medical College of Medical Sciences||Pokhara, Nepal|
|25||Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences (MMIHS)||Nakhkhu, Lalitpur|
|26||National Academy of Medical Sciences(NAMS)||Bir Hospital , Kathmandu|
|27||National Ayurveda Research and Training Center||Kritipur, Kathmandu|
|28||National Institute of Neurological and Allied Sciences Pvt. Ltd||Basbari, Kathmandu|
|29||National Medical College Pvt. Ltd||Birgunj, Parsa|
|30||Nepal Army Institute of Health Sciences (NAIHS)||Sano Bharangang, Kathamandu|
|31||Nepal Cancer Hospital & Research Center Pvt. Ltd.||Harisiddhi, Lalitpur|
|32||Nepal Medical College||Jorpati, Kathmandu|
|33||Nepal Netra Jyoti Sang||Tripureshwor|
|34||Nepalgunj Medical College and Teaching Hospital (NMTH)||KohalPur, Banke|
|35||Nobel College||Sinamangal, Kathmandu|
|36||Nobel Medical College Teaching Hospital ( P) LTD||Biratnagar|
|37||Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital||Thapathali, Kathmandu|
|38||Patan Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS)||Lalitpur|
|39||People’s Dental College & Hospital Pvt. Ltd||Nayabazar, Kathmandu|
|40||Pokhara Academy of Health Sciences||Pokhara, Nepal|
|41||Pokhara University Research Center, Pokhara University||Lekhanath Marg, Kaski|
|42||Public Health Concern Trust (phect-NEPAL)||Pradarsanimarg Kathmandu|
|43||Purbanchal University College of Medical and Allied Science||Morang|
|44||Scheer Memorial Hospital Medical Institute College of Nursing||Banepa, Kavre|
|45||Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre||Bansbari, Kathmandu|
|46||Shi-Gan Health Foundation||Narayangopal Chowk|
|47||Shree Medical and Technical College||Chitwan|
|48||Shree Rana Ambika Shah Eye Hospital, Lumbini Eye Institute||Bhairahawa|
|49||Stupa Health Care Center Cooperation LTD (SHCC)||Boudha, Tusal|
|50||Tilganga Institute of Opthalmolohy (TIO)||Gaushala, Kathmandu|
|51||Universal College of Medical Sciences||Bhairahawa|
|52||Yeti Health Science Academy||Maharajgunj, Kathmandu|